CKR Research

Graduate Students Research Grants

UBC graduate students needing to travel for Korea-related research may apply to the CKR Graduate Student Research-Travel Grant for reimbursement of research-related travel expenses.  If the CKR approves your request for support, you will be reimbursed upon presentation of receipts for travel expenses and a final report.  Research related to a doctoral dissertation or master’s thesis will be given preference.  Please note that this grant will not provide support for travel to conferences.

An application should include:

  1. proposed budget
  2. two-page proposal, including an explanation of why you need to make the research trip and the anticipated dates of the trip
  3. letter of support from UBC faculty (sent directly to

The application should be submitted to:   Prof. Kyung-Ae Park,